I make it no secret that working with teachers and students is my dream job. When I shared Freedom from Your Desk You Can Do two weeks ago, I wasn't sure where it would go. After all, it's an extension that has been around for awhile - but I had not used it until recently. After setting it up with one teacher, I also shared it out to all of the teachers in my district. Thanks to them, I am following up to share what they discovered and shared back to me! I think it makes this extension "that" much better.I knew this extension would be helpful to a lot of teachers but what I didn't expect was that after I shared it, that I would continue to learn more. And these are super helpful things to know about what this extension can do!
Here's what I've learned about this extension:
- Jessica shared how she was able to print items from her desktop ... while she was in the copier room! That's right! Being able to trigger a print job from items on her desktop via her chromebook - wow!
- Guess who'll never "lose" another print job ... or have to make several trips back and forth to the copy room?
- Leah shared how she uses the non-mirroring ability on her desktop (so her projector acts as a second screen) and with this extension she can see BOTH "screens" on her desktop.
- It's kind of small, but possible.
- Think how many screens she has now? Unlimited on her chromebook and unlimited on her dual screens on her desktop!
- Amy shared how she was able to control her desktop from off campus!
- She said she even printed remotely.
- At home sick? Want to set your desktop up for your sub? Just needs to be powered on, right?
Anyone else's mind blown right now? No one goes into teaching thinking they know everything ... but this unexpected learning is always so fun!
If you want additional freedom from your desktop, I highly recommend the Chrome Remote Desktop extension. What will YOU discover? Please be sure to share back so we can all learn.
And with all of the shortages, is there anything YOU can share? It doesn't have to be a full lesson. It's doesn't have to be a big package or tool. Do you have tips or tricks or ways of doing things that make your teaching life easier? Can you share something ... even if you think it's silly or too small ... it might be "the thing" that helps one other teacher.