I 💖 what I do. I know I am very lucky to say this. After 14 years in the classroom, I became a half-time Technology Integration Specialist, while still teaching Social Studies the other half of the day. The following year, I was allowed to go full-time in the Tech Integration role. I still can't believe it.
I have to give credit to a few people:
- Eric Curts (@ericcurts) - what an AMAZING guy! He is truly the inspiration for what I'd like to be when I "grow up" 😉 . Check out his blog ControlAltAchieve if you've not before. He provides inspiration and motivation on making the classroom an interactive and fun place to learn.
- George Couros (@gcouros) - absolutely & highly inspirational! His book, Innovator's Mindset, gives such a refreshing (& smart) view on what education can and should be. I highly suggest you read his blog, "The Principal of Change". Mr. Couros has confirmed and reaffirmed many of the thoughts I've had regarding education.
- Alice Keeler (@alicekeeler) -Alice is an amazing powerhouse of Google knowledge. I was honored to attend one of her workshops and I was blown away by her knowledge and creative thinking.
- Here's where I also give a shout out to my awesome husband who listens, encourages, tempers, and ultimately pushes me to follow through on all my "thoughts". And my 3 girls ... all of them inspire me and force me to rethink my ideas on education. Without a doubt, being a mom has transformed my teaching.
- And everyone I am honored to work with. I loved being in the classroom and working with students. Now that I am working with and supporting all of the teachers, I have an even higher level of satisfaction than I thought possible.
- And shhhh ... don't tell anyone, but I work with some pretty cool administrators, too!