Fact: I have multiple to do lists - both personally and professionally.
Fact: There is something super satisfying about checking off an item on my "to do" list.
Today I am kicking off series of blog posts focused on small and doable things perfect for summer time. And the first thing I want to focus on is "to do" lists.
Summer Sunday Tip #1 : create your own to do list for things you want to accomplish. This should take no more than 5 minutes. Use something as simple and handy as a notebook and pen. Or do something digital - Google Keep, the Reminders or Notes app, or even a Google Doc or Sheet.
Not buying in? Here's why you should:
My to do lists often reflect and incorporate my goals. They are long-term and short-term as well as reminders. They are a means of centering me each day. They are also a source of brain-dumping where I can write out projects or ideas that maybe I can't do right now, but I can record, modify, improve on later.
I start each month with writing out a to do list of what I'd like to accomplish that month, broken into big categories. I don't have tons of items in each category and often there is carry over from the month before.
- personal - family items, around-the-house projects
- fitness - my Apple watch goal, a milage goal for running
- school - items specific to school projects/activities
- professional - my blogs, presentations
- Do you have a fitness goal? Maybe you want to start a walking program. Maybe you want to increase your weights. Write it down.
- Are there projects around the house you have been putting off? Right down. Have you been putting off calling the plumber for that leaky toilet? Write it out.
- Need to pack for a summer vacation? To do lists will lessen the crazy last minute running around.
- Random items you want to do? Jot it down.
- Wednesday, June 9 @ 2:05 pm EST - #WakeletCommunityWeek: Wakelet for Everyone!
- Tuesday, June 22 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Docs
- Tuesday, June 29 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Sheets
- Thursday, July 1 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Slides
- Friday, July 9 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Forms
- Monday, July 12 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Drawings and Jamboard
- Tuesday, July 13 @ 1 pm EST - Level Up with Google Sites